Thursday, June 4, 2020
Retrieval of Student Belongings
We hope you are all doing well and staying healthy. The staff at Terry Fox have been working hard this week to gather and bag our students’ belongings. The scheduled pickup day to gather your child’s belongings will be Wednesday, June 10th (possible rain date of Thursday, June 11th). Our top priority throughout this process is safety and for this reason student and parent cooperation while at the school is critical. I want to assure you that recommendations from our public health unit and the board have guided our plan. At all times throughout this process, please remain in your vehicle and our staff supervisors will hand over your child's items through the back window of your vehicle. Please read our plan below very carefully.
Plan for Pick Up Day - Please remain in your vehicle at ALL times.
1. All vehicles will enter the parking lot off Livingstone Street using the entrance indicated on the map.
2. Follow the yellow route through the parking lot and around the building.
3. There will be tables with grade levels along the front of the building. These tables will have items from classrooms that were not labelled (i.e. shoes, water bottles, coats, etc.)
4. At the back of the building you will stop at X1 to drop off any school items from home (e.g. library books, textbooks, recorders). All laptops will be collected at a later date. At this point you will provide the staff supervisor with your child’s last name and grade level. Then proceed to X2.
5. At X2 a staff supervisor will bring your child’s bag out to your vehicle and place it in the back seat through an opened window.
6. Then follow the yellow route around the East Bayfield side of the building to exit safely.
Please follow the schedule below according to your child’s last name:
Pick up Time on Wednesday, June 10th
Child’s Last Name
9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
H - L
12:30 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
M - R
2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
S - Z